Minecraft Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Craft City Server [24/7] [good protection] [whitelist]

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new server

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bigtom213

new server  Empty
PostSubject: new server    new server  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:20 pm

lamnea we need a new server so that the can be a limet of towns and nations

so that the is none the starts random towns or estates
like i said in the last suggestion we need m,ore control of towns and estates its okey that 2 or 3 friends build the houses
close to them but not 5 or 6 without its an ofical town if any agrees with me say it

bigtom213
Back to top Go down
Skiller6785
Admin

new server  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new server    new server  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:09 pm

lamnea hasent registred here yet Wink
Back to top Go down
bigtom213

new server  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new server    new server  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:33 pm

Skiller6785 wrote:
lamnea hasent registred here yet Wink

well then can he see this wen he does
Back to top Go down
EnvyTheClown

new server  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new server    new server  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:08 am

I disagree completely.

Could someone please explain what the problem is with creating new towns/"estates"?

Is it that you're afraid your hard work will not be shown off because people will be in new towns?
Is it because you're afraid your business' or economy will fall?

I see nothing wrong with creating new "towns" or "estates", Sometimes we want to build large buildings, like the tower I built, things that would be impossible to build due to the size restraints from current "towns". Also, having a few set towns gives too much power to the owners of the town, it's no fun having to ask "hey, can I build this here?" and being responded with "HOW BIG WILL IT BE?! YOU'LL HAVE TO PAY TAXES FOR BUILDING IN THAT AREA (even if the building will make the area generally more attractive)". I'm all for the economy system (even though I believe our Economy System is a bit flawed, what with all the spawning), but putting massive limitations on what to build and where to build takes away the very essence/fun of the game, which is to build and admire.

A perfect example of this will be my experience so far. I mined and mined for the first sessions in this server, I had 2 double chests full of cobble stone and 2 double chests full of minerals/materials. I never built anything because the current "towns" weren't appealing, the "streets" were too close to one another, the buildings were of no breathing room, and in general it didn't come across as too welcoming. Then suddenly I talk to Hyper and he tells me I can build in his "town"(Estate now apparently). Open space, I was able to build what I wanted, I was able to help others with materials and I was able to finally use all the things I collected from mining.

If being able to build in an open area and having fun is "bad" or "out of control" then what gives, what do you want out of this game? To have your town, control it all and feel like you own it's content? To have people build in your area and feel important? Does it make you feel inadequate when we build in other areas?

Like I said, I don't understand why it is a problem, one could argue that it brings up the file size of the server, and in that case then maybe we should be addressing this "problem" in a different manner, one that doesn't make the mods (not all, but a few) seem like they are power hungry.

"Sporto" and the Spawn town are both well developed and have great buildings, but that's just it, it's already developed, they are great, yet I had 10 times more fun being in "Drakkensberg" and being able to actually build and have fun without people breathing down my neck about it.

And as a closing statement, this is not me complaining, this is not me bashing anyone, this is not aimed towards a certain someone, this is me asking about our "town problem", asking for enlightenment on the problem while also giving constructive criticism.

I hope no one takes this post in a negative town, it is but my view on the matter <3

- Envy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new server  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new server    new server  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new server
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minecraft Forum :: Suggestions-
Jump to: